Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whitewater Rafting!!!!

Thats right. We went white water rafting today! It was a first for many of the campers and for some of the staff. Don't worry parents. There were no unintentional fallouts this time, but there sure was plenty of fun. I don't think I have seen so many people having so much fun while getting drenched in freezing water. I hope to make this an ongoing staple of the high school camp. Everyone enjoyed it. Make sure to ask your kids how it was. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a high point for several of them.

Once we got back from the wet'n'wild time, most of the day had gone by. We gave everyone plenty of time to relax after a high impact morning. After we had an early dinner, we kicked up the energy again with a game of killer ball- think dodgeball but there are no teams.

We just got finished up at chapel tonight. Jim Albright spoke mainly about the amazing nature of God. It is a big subject, I know, but he brought out how big God really is (drawing from Isaiah and the wonder he shows) and how nonchallant we tend to be. It was a good wake up call and I hope it brought about some good conversations.

Well, I have to go again. Tonight we are going to do some night games and then finish up the day with some ice cream. I love camp!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment