Sunday, July 18, 2010

3rd-5th Camp!

Hello to all you parents out there!

Another wonderful week at YAA has officially started. I am happy to say that today went very well, and all of the staff here are glad to see all these campers here. After they all arrived, we got to know one another through some name game and icebreakers. After dinner, we continue with some team challenges. We split all the campers into four different teams. We had them pick team names, such as Team Steak or Team YAA Spartans, and did an obstacle course together. Throughout the week we will have a lot of exciting games for your campers.

We just finished up at Fireside with our Resident Missionary, Jim Albright, speaking. He talked about the power of prayer in Jesus name and the basic gospel. I look forward to hearing him again as well as our camp speaker, Micheal Wedman, a pastor from Idaho Falls. They will have plenty to teach us.

Well, your kids are getting ready for bed. It was a great start to a week of camp. Its about time for me to hit the bed as well. I want to get plenty of rest. Thanks for entrusting us with your children. My name is David Denny, and I am the Program Director here. Each night I will have a different staff member talk about their day with your kids. Give you a different view for everyday. I hope you enjoy the blog. I know we will enjoy living it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment