Sunday, July 25, 2010

6th-8th Grade Camp!!!

Hello all! Another great week of camp has begun at YAA!

It has been a great time this summer. Sadly, this is our last week of summer camp, but don't worry. We are going to finish with a bang. This is our largest overnight camp yet, and we intend to put every ounce of energy into it.

Things started off well with some icebreaker games and getting to know one another in our cabins. After dinner, we continued with games and split up into our 7 teams and came up with some great team names at cheers. We finished off the time with some medic dodgeball. Your campers sure to love dodgeball. I can't wait until we play killerball, the greatest form of dodgeball EVER!

We just got done with our Missions Moment with our Missionary in Residence, Jim Albright. Tonight, we spoke on the importance and power of praying in Jesus name. This week, Jim will share a lot of stories about his time as a missionary in Africa and France and discuss the importance of missions. I always like hearing his stories.

Well, I am keeping this post brief. It is freetime, and I want to hang out with the campers before its time for bed. My name is David Denny, and I am the Program Director at YAA. Thanks for entrusting the staff and I with your children for the week. Each night, I will have a different staff member type about the events of the day. Though the schedule is similar throughout the week, each staff has their own take on things. Hope you enjoy reading the blog. We sure enjoy living it out.

See ya Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment