Sunday, July 11, 2010

7th-9th Grade Camp

Another week of camp has officially begun!

Welcome parents to our blog. A way for you to stay connected while your kids are away. Thanks for entrusting us with your children. It will be a great week.

Once all your kids got here, it was a great first day. Everyone started to get to know one another with some icebreaker games and some fun competitions. After dinner, we got into our 5 teams. Throughout the week, we will have different challenges for each team to accomplish.

We just got finished with Jim Albright, our missionary resident, talking about the power of prayer and our salvation through Jesus Christ (a big topic, I know, but Jim is great at getting it across). Jim will be speaking for the remainder of the week about the importance of missions and his own experiences in Africa and Europe. Our camp speaker, Brian Loewen, will also be speaking as well. I look forward to seeing where they take us.

Well, we have a little bit of free time before its off to bed. I certainly want to get some rest before this week reallly gets going. We have everything from the zipline, paintball, canoeing, and even tubing the Jefferson River. Its gonna be a good one.

My name is David Denny, and I am the Program Director at this awesome camp. That basically means I am in charge of all the fun I just mentioned and more. I look forward to hanging out your kids. Each day, I will have a different staff member give their view point of how it went. A different flavor for each day. I hope you enjoy our reports. I know we will enjoy living them out. Thanks again for entrusting us with your children.

God Bless,
David Denny

No comments:

Post a Comment