Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Camp Amp'd!!!

Hello all!

Its about time that we got this blog started again, and what better way then to start with our new High School camp! The summer has long been underway and I am happy to see another week of camp start.

I have to be honest though, I am even more excited about this camp. This is not your normal week of camp. Just to give one example... we are going whitewater rafting tomorrow morning!!! Thats rights, rafting! I am looking forward to some rough water fun. Thats just the start to this amazing week. I don't want to give anymore away, but I will keep you posted as the week progresses.

Today was great. When we start a normal week of camp, I am prepared to give a short introduction about the camp and some of our traditions. Little did I know that two of the campers would already be giving the intro before I even arrived there. They did a good job. They even got some of my predictable mannerisms as well. I've never seen myself give one of my intros, but I feel like I got a little taste of what I look like... This camp definitely has a different feel to say the least.

After we got settled in and had dinner, we moved on to our evening game: Human Foosball with Yuck! Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. We have a giant inflatable rink that we filled with water, soap, and yuck (think of a applesauce-like substance)... It was a blast. We played several different games in the slippery arena. Everyone enjoyed the mess. There will be plenty of other fun games to follow as well.

The campers are just now finishing up in chapel and get a little freetime before bed. I am looking forward to a good nights sleep before we head out for rafting! Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, but I am David Denny, the Program Director. I am enjoying putting together all these events for your kids. I look forward to what else the summer has in store.

Throughout the week, I will have other staff tell you all about our days at camp. Thanks for entrusting your kids to us for a week. I will keep you updated on what they are up too.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment