Monday, July 27, 2009

Hey Everyone!!

My name is Keith Forkin, and I have the privilege of being a Counselor in Training, with Shawn, this week. I can already tell I have got some great guys in my cabin, and I am going to have some good times with these guys.

Well to start things off, it was Ah-mazing. The morning started off with a beautiful hike up the hill. When everyone got back we sang some songs, ate, and the games began: mattress surfing to be exact. For full details of that game you will have to ask your kids when they get home.

Then we moved on to chapel. This morning we talked about how not to waste our lives, and how to make choices that will please God. We referred back to the book of Ester and her braveness to save her people.

When chapel came to a close, skill builders began. Geo-caching, climbing wall, archery, camp craft, arts and craft, and riflery are the skill builders everyone had to choose from. I have the privilege of teaching riflery, and hopefully watching each and everyone of them improve throughout the week.

The bell rang and everyone headed to the dining hall for an absolutely amazing lunch, and then off for some T.I.E. (take it easy) time. But there were a few that decided to go on the eight mile History Rock Trail. This decision turned out to be a very soggy one, and muddy for a few who had troubles staying on their feet during the down-pour. Those who stayed at camp got to play some paintball, ride the zip line, play field games, and do some rock climbing, which turned out to be a little damp also.

When dinner rolled around the History Rock hikers showed up for some food before a spectacular game, and my personal favorite, Killer Ball. Now don't worry, no one actually dies, but everyone did get extremely soaked today. Killer Ball is an everyone vs everyone dodge ball game. Imagine, for me, about 50 middle schoolers, 15 counselors, and a lot of dodgeballs flying around, and there you have a game of Killer Ball. I don't think i have ever seen anyone win a game, but its still fun to try.

After the ingenues game was over it sounded like a good time to wrestle around in a mud puddle with all the dudes that felt like it, which turned out to be quite a few. Seeing as I was the only counselor, i was the main... maybe 'only' is a better word... target. I managed to escape with only a broken bill on my hat, but that's all right, it was all in good fun.

So now we are running off to fireside, and then into the cabins for a devotional before bed. Today was pretty awesome, and I am sure that all of your kids think so also!!

And that concludes the first day of camp!! What a day!!

Enjoying your children,

Keith Forkin
Counselor in Training

No comments:

Post a Comment