Tuesday, June 30, 2009

On the Second Day of Camp my Campers gave to me...


... an amazingly full day.


Our Campers were up bright and early this morning and a large number went on the Morning hike. I am always surprised at how quickly they seem to leave me in the dust. When the dust settled back at the flag pole their was a tremendous roar from the campers as they got ready for the whole day ahead of them.


After flag raising we went down to the playing fields and played a game Called "Dress up-Relay Race-Ring toss onto Counselors"... or something like that. I was ringed by 9 funnily dressed campers from the always trendy Pink Chickens(I Might be bias to my team). Unfortunately It was not time for Breakfast so we had a three-legged race which was also quite fun.


"Is it time for breakfast?" "Yes but we have to let the campers go first." "aww nuts." -overheard amongst tired staffers.

But What a breakfast it was. We had egg and sausage sandwiches, applesauce and cereal for the picky eaters.


After that we sent the campers back to do the daily Cabin clean up and its mandatory. I understand how hard it might be to get them to do this at home. We hope it rubs off on them... Just trying to help you parents out a little.


The morning chapel was all about how Jesus is The Perfect Hero and that we need him to be our hero every day. The Rev. Kev from Helena really knows how to get your kids going.


Then I had the chance to teach your kids riflry. we had a lot of new shooters and I was very impressed with the girls who shot scores higher than the boys.


After lunch we had some more skill builders and then the girls chance to go on the zip line got rained out (but they'll get a chance tomorrow) and we played some games. After dinner it was Killer ball, a monstrous version of Dodge ball that you can almost never win. I JUST KEEPS GOING!!!


Now I have to get my campers to bed so we can do it all again tomorrow.


-Andy Thompson (Counselor of the Justice Burritos)

No comments:

Post a Comment